Adding Images from WordPress Media Library
One of the best ways to enhance your WordPress blog is by adding images to WordPress from Media Library to illustrate the content and manage them effectively. If you are a regular at WordPress, then you must be aware of the fact that you can upload the following images types. These include:
In order to add an image to a blog post from the WordPress Media Library, you need to:
- Click on the Posts options, go to the Add New or Pages option and then click on Add New. You can also add a picture to an existing post from WordPress Media Library.
- Position the cursor where you intend to place the image. In the post editor, click on the Add Media button on the top panel. You can either choose to upload images from your computer, from an URL, Gallery or the Media Library.
- To add an image from the WordPress Media Library , click on the option and then on the image that you wish to upload. After the upload process is complete, you would be asked to edit some settings before the image is inserted into the post.
- You need to add a Title for the image and include an alternate text that best describes the image that you have just selected.
- You also need to incorporate a default Caption and add a short description.
- The Link URL that comes next generally indicates the file path. You need to adjust the position of the image and align it as per your requirements. You can also select the image size.
- Finally click on the Insert into Post option.
- Click on the Preview option to see how it would appear once uploaded and click on the Update button.